Contents of Blood Author Guide
Journal Scope – For specific information detailing Blood’s scope with special sections on immunology, vascular biology, HIV/HTLV, and clinical trials.
Article Types – For detailed descriptions of the various article types that will be considered for publication by Blood.
Manuscript Preparation – For general requirements and recommendations for preparing your manuscript for submission including:
- manuscript organization requirements
- guidelines for image preparation
- information on supplemental data
- editing services for non-English speakers
Manuscript Submission – For a helpful list of what information you should have on hand before beginning the online submission process.
Peer Review – For details about Blood’s peer review process and policies, including instructions for reviewers.
Revised Manuscripts – For general information to prepare your revised manuscript. The Checklist for Revised Manuscripts can be found here.
Accepted Manuscripts – For procedures and policies related to your accepted manuscript including:
- prepublication in First Edition
- copyright transfer
- file formating
- figure preparation
- typeset requirements
- cover illustrations
Publication Fees – For a list of the various possible publication fees, such as page charges, supplemental data fee, and reprint fees.
Editorial Policies for Authors – For detailed descriptions of Blood’s policies regarding:
- authorship criteria
- conflict of interest disclosure
- publication of medical research involving human subjects
- data sharing, distribution of reagents, and compound structure disclosure
- deposition into public databases
- clinical trial reporting and registry
- guidelines for stem cell research
- public access options for authors
- submission of NIH-funded accepted manuscripts to PubMed Central
- press embargo policy
Errata – For a brief description of errata, how they are utilized by Blood, and instructions on how to submit an erratum request.
Guides and Checklists – For a list of guidelines, forms, and checklists, such as:
- digital art guidelines
- supplemental data guidelines
- change of authorship form
- copyright transfer and conflict of Interest form
- checklist for revised manuscripts submitted
- checklist for text in figure images
- checklist for manuscripts accepted for publication